Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Our stray cat that now lives with us, likes to go outside in the woods. We have her chipped and she wears a flea collar. We also got her a breakaway personalized cat collar (with a tag) that we like. She has "lost" three of them. I'm not sure if they are falling off or they release prematurely. I understand that is their purpose but as we know the rubber flea collar wouldn't breakaway. Do you all get breakaway collars? Have you had better success with a particular brand/model? Also they are so "slippery" when they want/need to be I wonder if they did get caught on something if she could just wriggle out.

Needless to say, I want her to be safe and if that means 3-4 collars a year so be it but you have helped in the past so I thought I'd look for more insight.

Cheers,
Philly

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
My cat loses a break-away collar about every 6 weeks. I don't know why - is he getting caught or is he scratching them off? This is the first cat I've ever had use those things, and I should have bought stock in the company that makes them. Maybe I should just give up and chip him? I don't use a flea collar, I use "back of the head" drops.

What's really funny is that I never find one of his collars lying around anywhere in the yard... I'd expect the place to be littered with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi eldercat, sorry that it took me this long. Yes we both should buy stock in them. I have NEVER found them. You would think shiny tag and reflective collar but nope! On top of it, I’ve looked and had the gardeners keep an eye out and NOTHING!

I guess we keep buying maybe start bulk purchasing. Anyone else have input on how they handle collars?

have a great weekend,
philly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts