Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This extremely friendly cat shows up in our backyard about every two weeks or so. No collar, so I have no idea who she belongs to, but she's always very clean and seems to spend more time indoors than out. I've never seen her out front or by the street, which is odd, but that's the way I prefer it. I'd feel awful if someone hit her. I gave her some treats today and she ended up coming to the backdoor screen where my sheltered Madison began to approach! I had to cut her off at the pass, because my cat scares this outdoor cat to death when she hisses at it. Funny thing is, my cat is a chicken, bigtime. She'd run if the cat came towards her, LOL

My mom picked it up in case my pics weren't coming out and held it so I could get it straight on. I doesn't really mind being picked up at all. It's also very vocal and just rubs against your legs and rolls on the ground :) It's very cute. If you can see the dark color around the one side of it's chin/mouth; It makes it look like she's biting the side of her's lip like people do!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno. It seems she's only really out on the weekends. Not sure I've seen her during the week, but maybe once. She definitely knows her way around all the backyards. She's the only outdoor cat I've ssen around here, but I guess there's a black one with a white face I haven't seen. Hopefully it doesn't get into a fight with this one. :? :(

·
Registered
562 Posts
sorry to be a spoil sport, but my friend had a cat, who moved house after somone down the road started feeding her, and she was deverstated. she let the cat stay with the lady as it seemed happy enougth. I think it's best not to feed cats that come to your house, it seems sad that she may decide she likes your food better and leave her owners behind :cry:

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
spamlet said:
I think it's best not to feed cats that come to your house, it seems sad that she may decide she likes your food better and leave her owners behind :cry:
Yes, but, there is always a concern that your outdoor cat may up and disappear, and that's why collars and tags are so important ;).

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
What a cute kitty, I also have a black kitty that I feed treats to all the time. He runs up 3 flights of stairs to get it, so sweet

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it was just treats. Once I didn't go back outside, it went off into someone else's yard. My opinion is that anyone could take this cat and keep it for themselves. If people don't want their cat "stolen" then they should keep them inside or at least put a tag on it.

·
Banned
11,031 Posts
Trust me we tried putting a collar on our Baby but it keeps on getting lost (4 times!) this is when she is outside. If the cat is friendly then I'm guessing its someone's cat or a stray. The only way to find out is by microchip (ours has one).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts