Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and worried Mum.

This morning when I woke up Mow was obsessed with his privates. I know it's a sign of UTI and when he's had them in the past he did the same thing. I checked his litterbox and he's peed twice today so far.

That was 4 hours ago and he's shown no more obsession with himself but when I squeezed at his belly (To see if his bladder was full) he meowed. It wasn't his pitiful noise that he makes when I medicate or have to do something that causes discmofort.. just a meow. When I let him go he meowed at me a LOT more.. like he does when he wants food/to go out/ to play...whatever.

A few moments ago I saw him head into his litter room so I waited a few minutes and went to see if he peed again and he was sitting in his Sherpa bag. The only time i use it is for vet trips :p Then I got REALLY freaked out. He never sits in that thing. I was tempted to zip him in it and take him to the vet. When I started to walk away he ran ahead of me meowing for a snack which I gave him (with a LOT of water on it to try and force him to pee again)...he seems fine. Playful with his lazer toy..not crying or licking himself...just sort of restless, but that might be my fault since I keep stalking him everywhere.

Am I being paranoid? I don't want to take him to the vet for another paranoid mom visit. We've done that a LOT. Way more than I'd care to say. I just get so worried about his UTI problems. Four times in the first two years was MORE than enough and it's been a while since he's had one.....

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'd just keep an eye on how often he goes and the size of the clumps, along with any further obsessing over his privates. If his litterbox habits are fine, and he otherwise seems ok, then I wouldn't worry. However, if you see him straining, unable to pee or not peeing very much, then it's back to the vet. I hope he's ok and, from your description, it sounds like he is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts