Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penny is being great so far save for one thing. At the moment she has the runs and though she is going to the litter box she's going out over the edge every single time. It wasn't such a big deal at first as she was spending alot of time in the basement where the two litter boxes are and that floor is easy cleanup but I put her in the bedroom to finish her food without Bosco trying to eat it or Reyna staring her down. I put a litter box in there just in case she had to go while eating and she's done it again, it's a white carpet too. Is there anyway to get the stains out? What can I do about her "overshooting" issue?

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
The enzymatic pet urine cleaners also work pretty good on feces (though my carpets aren't white.) You have to soak well, let it stand overnight, then clean next day. Put some plastic over the area to keep it wet. And you'll have to clean it several times as the residual comes up out of the carpet and pad where it soaked in. When I've had to clean up diahrrea from a carpet, I cleaned it right away, but I remember someone else said it was easier after it had dried. I don't know. Let us know how it works for you. ;)

A large high-sided litterbox, or a covered box, will help contain the overshooting. Petsmart sells a high-sided box made by Rubbermaid that works real nice. It should also be on their website.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Just a tip on the staining issue - we've had good results from anything using the oxygenating principle for cleaning rather than soaps - bicarbonate-based commercial carpet cleaning services, and Oxyclean carpet cleaning spray for spot cleaning. The fizzing action really helps take stains out....

Lots of luck, that must be so frustrating!!!

Fran

1 - 3 of 3 Posts