Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful 7 year old tabby cat. He is a little overweight and is now on a major diet. He has been on the diet one month and he is already lossing weight.

I was recently on the http://www.paaws.tv website and I have seen the commercials. I was wondering if anyone has tried the PAAWS for Cats? Does anyone have a vitamin or herbal supplement that they recommend for cats?

Do cats need to take additional vitamins or supplements. I am feeding him Nutro Nature Choice Weight Control. It seems to have everything a cat needs. The PAAWS ads say that he will be more active and healthier.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thx,

Marc & Isaiah

·
Registered
220 Posts
The only times that I feed any of my cats food suppliments is when they are sick or not eating enough, for some reason. Personally, I give them Nutra-Cal. and mix it in their food. Although I believe that most any kind of food suppliment would be OK for them. The reason I feed them Nutra-Cal is because they like it, and it was recommended by the vets. During the winter months, cats will naturally put on weight, but will begin loose it as soon as the weather warms up. In the Autumn time their food intake is almost double their usual summer feeding and conversely so in the Springtime.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I would not trust any supplement that does not tell you exactly what's in it. If your cat is on a complete commercial food, adding excess minerals can become toxic. Sounds like a scam to me.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts