Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Catman-

I have another question for you. I seem to be having trouble with the Img buttons. The trouble is that when I click on them, the does not show up. I originally posted my pics following the instructions on how to post pics. When I went to look at the message, I could see the text that I typed, but where the pic was supposed to be (in the message) all I saw was the word "Image". There was no pic.

So I just copied the url as a link........bypassing the Img and \Img buttons, because they didn't work. SINCE they didn't work, what could be the cause? Is it browser, settings, something I can fix at my computer?

I think I was trying to do it correctly, but it didn't work out quite right. Anyway, the links open the pics in a new window, so that at least worked. And thanks again for getting me able to post the pics to the site.

Any advice with this new issue is also appreciated.

Bryon

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
When you click the image tag button it automatically puts the tags at the end of the message, that may have been why you missed them.

You don't have to use to button to make the image tags work, you can just type
around the picture url.

g'luck :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Padunk-

I did try to type them also, forgot to mention that. Same thing, all I got was the word "Image", with no actual pic. If you go to the test forum, you can see what I mean. I changed the first to just the url link, the second just has the word Image.

Maybe it is a setting in Netscape?

Anyway, the url link worked, it just would be nice to open the message and see the pics.

Bryon

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
ah ha! I see.

You're linking the incorrect file, when going to the cat photo section, right click the picture and go to properties. Highlight the url of the picture and copy it, put that between the image tags.

When you put the file I highlighted between the image tags it'll come up.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rob!

That has to be it. When I saw their pics in the cat forum photo gallery, I didn't right click and do properties. I just clicked on the url when I saw their pics.

I'll try it with some others soon. Thanks for the advice and patience too!

Bryon

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Yes, he does, Jeanie. He has a gentle expression in his eyes
I think i want him too :oops:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ioana & Jeanie-

Thanks for the compliment, I 'll be sure to pass it along! Coco is quite a character. I will be posting a story (hopefully with pics) shortly that will prove my point. You will have to keep watching for it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts