Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend and her son wants to paint his room with a paintball gun. I know this sounds strange, but I think it would be neat. She is afraid that the balls would go through the walls. Does anyone know anything about painballing and if this can be done?

·
Registered
337 Posts
if you have walls like ours, crappy plasterboad stuff then i woudnt recommend it, not only that the casing on paint balls would stick to the walls and it'd be all bitty and such.

how bout using i paint gun, you know the ones that just blow it outta a straw type thing?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Oh my I just saw an add on TV with a man doing this, breaking windows and everything and his poor wife walks in looking horrified lol.

Seems it would cause some damage to me... but it does sound neat.

·
Registered
981 Posts
yea I dont recommend using a paintball gun. I would try to fill some water ballons with paint and hit those againt the wall.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for all the info. I didnt remember about the casings. I too think it would go through the drywall.
how bout using i paint gun, you know the ones that just blow it outta a straw type thing?
Never heard of it but will look it up!

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
You might want to try a decorating site/forum....I'd bet someone could tell you how to simulate the look.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Willow771 said:
and to think we shoot something that could go through a wall...at friends...and laugh about :roll: oh dear :roll:
Paintballing is possibly the most fun I've EVER had. But also the most painful fun.

Sneaking up behind one's best mate with a fully loaded paintball gun and shooting them in the bum with day-glo orange paint is something everyone should experience. He dropped like a stone, and actually cried a little. It was hilarious :lol:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now everyone, don't get mad at me but a few years back before I liked cats and got Mango, I had some squirrel houses in my backyard. My neighbors barn cats and ferals kept trying to get my squirrels, they would climb the tree to get into the houses. One cat was in the tree and my son went out with his paintball gun and started shooting the cat with it. I have never seen a cat try to get out of the tree and run so fast. I feel bad now, but the cat knew to stay away after that!

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
I believe Zippy meant that the effect might be neat. It would probably resemble the effect one gets from some kits shown on TV. Of course, a young person would enjoy painting his own room this way.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Yes, this idea has that distinctly teenage male flair to it! :roll:

Drop cloths and paint balloons sound just as out-of-control, and wouldn't involve new drywall... :wink:

Fran

1 - 17 of 17 Posts