Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about re-painting my bedroom and master bath, but I'm wondering if that means I would have to move the cats elsewhere for the day? Or does paint not bother them?

I could close the bedroom door and open windows - to air it out so the cats would not be in the same room. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Close them in a separate area and ventilate VERY well.

Another option, get a no VOC paint, like Freshaire from Home Depot. I have to use the no VOC paints because I'm allergic to the fumes and I get very bad bronchitis from them. Just imagine how bad it is for kitties. These paints are VERY expensive ($30+ a gallon) but I gave 1 LARGE bedroom and an accent wall two coats each and still had 1/3rd of a can left. It goes further if you buy the primer as well. The Freshaire primer is $25+ a gallon.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I've painted w/ cats in the house w/ no problems. Ventilation wasn't an issue so I don't think I worried about it. I painted between 10pm and 2am when the cats were all sleeping so they wouldn't get into the wet paint. If they were active, I'd have closed them into a room.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
If you're just painting for a day or so, you should be fine if you keep a few windows open (for you and the cats) and you're able to keep the cats out of the room with the paint...so you don't end up with blue or pink cats!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts