Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat loves crumpled up pieces of paper. Everytime we roll a ball of paper up, she comes running and ready to play. Sometimes she'll engage in a small game of fetch.

One thing has us curious. It's not a big deal, but it's a little peculiar. She has a habit of dropping her balls of paper into her water dish. Occasionally, she'll drop a nice wet slab of paper on me when i'm trying to sleep. (yuck)

Any ideas why she might do this? Does she have a thing for wet paper or what?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My cat loves everything that means water.
He loves to drink directly from the pipe.
He loves his bath (once a week); I bath him in the sink, he enjoy to be submerged on it full of warm water.

He also likes to play with paper balls; when he is tired of it he hides the ball and next time he wants to play he just look for it and brings it to my bed where we play until exhaustion.

Wet paper balls? ... not yet... when it happens I'll let you know.

·
Registered
865 Posts
that's kinda odd.... but maybe it's just some sorta play thing. Moby like to put his mice in my shoes (???). Probably guess it's challenging to get them out?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, it's not a huge concern, but i'm very curious nonetheless.

Either she's bored, or she associates it with prey and figures it should go where her food does.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My cat Marbles used to do that all the time when he was a little younger. He would take my crushed up papers ( when I'm doing assignments) and play soccer around the apartment by himself. He would play fetch too.. And paper is not the only thing I find in his water bowl. He would put his other toys in there and try fishing it out again... then puddles all over! The silly thing would pick up his dry biscuits and spit it into the water bowl too. Anyways, he hasn't done this in a while. I think he grew out of it. I supposed its something they do for fun... :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
That's what I think... The last couple cats I've had some to try and make their play difficult. Moby first liked to drop his toys next to the couch, bat them under and try to get them back out. However he usually couldn't. I ended up buying like 15 mice for him so I wouldn't have to fish them out every 5 minutes. Now his has the shoe fetish - where he drops them in my shoes and tries to get them out. At least they're easier to recover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's interesting.

We also find other toys in her water dish as well. I believe you're right when you say cat's need to make play more difficult. Moki is always hiding her toys in hard to reach places.

I read that it's a good idea to give your cat "bushes" and "trees" so they can hide from the prey. It's instinct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts