Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure it's not just my cats that love to plop down on a nice piece of paper every chance they get- does anyone maybe have a thought on why cats love paper? Is it the crinkling noise or is paper just extremely comfortable? :) I know when I try to write something in a notebook, do paperwork, try to draw, or just have papers laying out my cats just plop right on it. I find it kind of cute, but sometimes it can be a bit frustrating. I love them even if they want to lay on every piece of paper I have, haha! I guess I'm just curious.

·
Registered
189 Posts
My Zeus likes to eat paper... tissues, paper towels, toilet paper... I know not what u were refeing to, but made me thing of that :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
My cat loves to shred the paper. When I make a little paper ball for her, she runs with it and hunts it and tries to shred it to pieces. The same for the toilette paper...attack and kill it!

·
Banned
605 Posts
Mia loves to lay down on paper. Where ever she finds it. Right now she is laying on stacks of papers that I was going through at the kitchen table. When I am reading the newspaper is when I get most frustrated. I lay it on the couch to read and she will continually try to lay on it. :?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
My cats are in the minority group who do not show great interest in papers. They love paper balls for sure, but its because they are balls. Of course, they haven't discover the fun of pulling toilet tissue from the roll. Hope they will never do :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
My cats are in the minority group who do not show great interest in papers. They love paper balls for sure, but its because they are balls. Of course, they haven't discover the fun of pulling toilet tissue from the roll. Hope they will never do :D
Back when i used to leave the bathroom opened, i came home one day and found that they had rolled down the toilet paper from the upstairs bathroom, down the stairs to the living room up to their kitty condo...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ritz takes great interest in newspaper; she often starts to chew it.
And when I bring home a new book from the library, she sniffs it, especially when I open the book, as if to give me her critic.
I think it's just that cats get a lot of their information from smell. When I come home from work after being gone for 10+ hours, she insists I sit down on the floor right away so she can "smell" how my day went.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gato loves to nibble on paper, he ate the corner of one of my doodles >.< I think they like laying on paper when your writing or drawing so they can get your attention, I also think they like the crinkle sound, but as for eating it... I don't have a clue why they eat it!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I really don't know what it is, but in my house anything semi-flat left unattended for long enough WILL eventually be sat on by a cat. They do seem to love paper the most however. My Dad had a rule once upon a time that kitties should stay off the table and counter tops - well that's where all the paper is kept, so you can imagine how long THAT lasted :p Plus my father works from home, so his desk is also a favorite place for my two cats to go when they need to lay on some paper. Lucky for them my Dad thinks they're hilarious so he puts up with it.

And, just because I can, here's my favorite picture of Moxie. She doesn't JUST sit on paper, she sits on ALL the paper.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So many paper loving kitties out there! Haha! My cats also love the shredding of the toilet paper, that's why we now have to keep our bathroom closed off- which we all know upsets cats. Mine hate being closed off from part of the house anyway! And the pictures of kitties on paper are so cute! Peep! They Itty Bitty Kitty ate a string earlier today actually.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts