Kitt has been a inside cat since we got her declawed last year, (Please! No lectures! We now know that it was a mistake but at the time with all the furniture she was destroying, and when she scratched me and gave me a bad case of Cat Scratch Fever, yes, there is such a thing, that was the last straw!) We certainly didn't want to give her away, and we were.nt about to put her down! Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, she stopped eating her usual amount of food, so I took her to the vet, she had a flittle bit of a fever, a low white cell count, and was a little anemic. Doctor gave me some antibiotics and some vitamins and sent her home. Later that afternoon he called me and said that he did another test on her blood and discovered that she might have a parasite! Is it usual for an inside cat to get a parasite? How could she have gotten it? BTW, she's feeling a lot better now.