Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe, even as old as I am, how STUPID some people are, and how callous they can be. The idiot that lives next door to me 'inherited' a cat from her idiot sister about a year ago, an adult male. Everything seemed fine, but 2 weeks ago , the nitwit told me that 'Vicious' (cat wasn't the least bit mean) had started urinating on the floor and a couch even though she had a litter box for him and the other cat she has. So, instead of trying to find the solution to the problem, she gave the cat to her then roomates boyfriend who liked Vicious, and Vicious seemed to like him. He had always been an inside cat voluntarily, didn't like to go out. Well, the boyfriend took him to his house out in the country, and immediately put him outside with no access to the house, only an old barn. Now the roomate (who has since moved out) and the boyfriend are avoiding the idiot, even though they told her she could have Vicious back anytime she wanted him, which now she does (I think I shamed her into regret). I am afraid that Vicious has left his new 'home', and is trying to find his way back where he belongs which would be fatal (20 miles), or he has already been killed. I can't believe someone could be so shallow and cruel to throw an animal away so easily, and others could be so stupid to think that they could just throw him outside in a strange place and expect him to stay. Sorry for the long post, but this has upset us very much and put a damper on Thanksgiving. Milton.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I can certainly understand how you are feeling, Milton. They are idiots...the lot of 'em. Even the fact that they named the cat Vicious is so mean spirited...poor thing. Hoping Vicious finds his way back home or even better, someone will take him in along the way and care for him the way he deserves.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Every winter here in our area of Wisconsin, there is always a handful of adds that I see on CraigsList, advertizing an indoor cat, free to anyone who wants it. They advertize it as an "indoor" cat, that would make a great barn cat!!!!!!!! Makes me so furious! You DO NOT put an indoor cat, out in the barn in the middle of winter!

There's usually the fools who threaten either someone give the cat a home, or it will be put out in the barn, again, in the middle of winter. Grrrrrrrrr!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Hopefully you can educate the idiots involved in this. Mostly likely this cat is a goner unless some loving soul took it in. It breaks my heart every time I hear of people callus action towards animals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts