Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ferdy (14 wk old boy tabby, neutered) has made the chest, shoulders, face and throat of everyone his little nesting spot. He's really, really, REALLY affectionate. Which I like because my last cat was a stray and quite aloof. But he has some weird fetish going on with people's faces. He loves to rub his face against my nose and lips (eeek, sloppy kitten kisses :roll: ) and will sit on my shoulder or boobs, or wrapped around my throat if I'm lying down. Is it because the mouth is where we speak from and it's soothing for them? I have no idea, I'm really quite new to all this cat business (have always had dogs). Our other kitten, Bella, is affectionate but not overly so. I'm not complaining about Ferdy's behaviour but I just want to know what's going through his little head. :D Any thoughts?

·
Registered
366 Posts
awww...kitty kisses...so sweet.

I don't know what is going on in their little heads, but I do notice that when my cat looks at me, she looks right into my eyes. Not at my feet or belly or hands, but my eyes. And if I'm getting the real affectionate kisses, they always come right up to my face. Norville used to get this lovey look on his face and give us very toothy rubs across the nose and forehead - so sweet.

I think they - like infants - have a fascination with faces and eyes...and I think you might be right - because we speak to them from there they consider it the most special and deserving part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have read that they have glands in their face (and also on their paws and right under the tail) and the cats mark their territories (their possessions) not only by spraying, but by excreting and odour from these glands. So a cat does not really give you kisses, he marks his territory! He owns you! As if you did not know that!

I have also heard that the more a cat marks by using these glands, the less inclined he is to mark by spraying.

By the way, one of my kitties does exactly the same, he curls up around my neck when I lie down, and give me lots of "kisses" in my face, and I have no doubt as to who owns who!

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
My b/f cant whistle, play music, or play his harmonica whenout pebbles climbing on him. She barely is interested in people at all, if you pick her up she kicks up a big fuss, but if my b/f does any of them she climbs all over him, wont stay still, rubbing her head on him. I dont know why she does it, if i *try* to play his harmonica she doesnt come on me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awww that's so cute! I definitely know who bosses who around. *hangs head in shame* My first cat Lily used to go mad when I whistled, she would writhe on the ground in ecstacy and rub herself all over me. It was so funny! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts