Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across an artists work online a few months ago and absolutely fell in love with her style so we contacted her to do some portraits of our kids. This month she's doing Alice and Oscar, and later this fall she'll portray Truman and probably Kaya (our dog) as well. Below his her start. I'll update the thread as she goes along. I'm stoked about her start! :D

This is the photo that she's working from for Alice:

This is her progress after two days:

This is her progress on Oscar in the same two days. You can see the photo she's working from here.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Can you share the link for the artist's website? And how much roundabout figure is fine do these portraits run? I am loving what I am seeing from your post.

You can pm me the info.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nice artwork for sure! Can't wait to see the final outcome!

However I won't want portrait of my cats. Some of my friends are already on the fence about whether to start calling me crazy cat lady. A cat portrait will definitely help them making final decision :lol:

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
I have a feeling it will get yanked, but I'm glad I caught it before it was :) This might be the perfect Christmas present for myself. A lovely portrait of my boys.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have art work all over our house, some original, some not. My wife and I are really into this kind of thing. Seeing our Alice come to life like this under the hands of an artist with this kind of talent has me completely elated. I am absolutely beside myself with excitement over what she's done so far.

If I can't share it with cat people, who can I share it with? :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If I had 'friends' mock my cats or I, then I would probably consider re-titling our relationship.
Agreed. If my 'friends' don't like me exactly the way I am, crazy cat lady and all, they can move on to finding another 'friend'.
Now you folks are taking this way too serious. My friends don't "like" or "dislike" me being a cat lady (or not). They just grab the opportunity to make fun of me. Which I'm more than capable to handle. Better yet, they cannot complain when I make fun of them! And I got more of those opportunities than they do :lol:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Now you folks are taking this way too serious. My friends don't "like" or "dislike" me being a cat lady (or not). They just grab the opportunity to make fun of me. Which I'm more than capable to handle. Better yet, they cannot complain when I make fun of them! And I got more of those opportunities than they do :lol:
I think this is a clear case of as you get older, you care what other people think regardless if you can banter back or not.

·
Registered
435 Posts
FWIW: Ritz Camera (and probably other photo stores) will make a pillowcase with a picture of your furry friend on it. I'm thinking of having one made with a picture of Ritz (yeah, that's my cats name) to take with me to Greece on vacation. I'll pull off the pillowcase the hotel provides and put on the one of Ritz; I can hug her that way. They cost around $30.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I think this is a clear case of as you get older, you care less and less what other people think regardless if you can banter back or not.
Haha, you got it so right! :lol: When I was in my early 20s, I do feel upset if someone (be it friend or not) bad mouth me. Now I'm crossing the 30 line, and my attitude is more and more like "keep barking as long as you don't bite" :lol:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm past the mid 30's mark and my attitude remains "keep barking and I'll kick your teeth in".

Look forward to portrait updates tomorrow. I'm so excited.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I would also like a PM with the artist's info.
Gorgeous cats and great work, so far.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Look forward to portrait updates tomorrow. I'm so excited.
I am excited for you and your wife. That is so awesome! I reserved a spot for November so it gives me time to save up my pennies, and somehow capture the cats on camera altogether in one picture. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.