Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when I first got Patches, though I don't remember the specific date, it was August, 7 years ago, and we had just moved into our very first home. I wanted a calico so badly. Dave's dad was visiting, and mentioned one of his cats had a litter of kittens. I asked, without really expecting to get the answer I wanted, if he had any calicos? And I'll never forget my excitment........he said he had one little calico in the litter!

A week later, Dave drove me the hour and a half to go visit the kittens, and it was love at first sight! She was beautiful! So we loaded her up in the kitty carrier, and headed for home with my new little bundle of love.

I got more than I bargained for with Patches at first. Not only was she such a little love bug, but being an outside kitten before we got her, she was not litter trained. And even though we started out slowly with her, trying to adapt her to living inside.........she peed on my down comforter to many times to count. So Patches and I had words one day, and I let her know that if she was to live in the house with me, she would need to stop peeing on my comforter! :lol: From that day forward, she never did it again.

Patches and I have been through so much together. She's my constant companion, my confidant, my little love bug, my lap cat, and my protector. She stands up for me when she's knows I've been hurt, she is always there to offer her love, and to warm my lap when I'm cold. I love this little kitty more than words can say!

Happy 7 years Patches! :heart

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Congratulations - lovely pictures, as usual.

I wish I could have heard the joke the donkey told, I could use a laugh! :D

·
Registered
550 Posts
What a beauty! Hope you two have many more years together!!! That pic with the donkey is hilarious!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts