Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Called the Vet., Patches has an appointment for tomorrow morning for a snip and checkup. Got the safe room almost ready so today he comes in. My OH says if we pay for the Vet bills , the cat doesn't go back out... I should refrain from telling him the local BAWL group is covering the costs. I have also asked her to scan him for a chip. But since he is not snipped already my hopes aren't too high on that.

There are 2 other intact males in the neighbor hood that have been giving him a hard time, and when I went out to feed him he had bloody patches where they had pulled out fur. I know one of them belongs to someone, so I can't really do much about it, but I am almost certain the big Black Manx is a dump.. But I have only gotten him at my feed station once. I am hoping after Patches comes in, I can work on getting him next. Wish me luck everyone.

the beagle gets a snip in the morning also.

I think he needs a better name.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Patches is a great name for him. For some reason the name Scout came to mind too. Glad you brought him in!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patches was napping in the shelter he has on my porch so I was able to scoop him up and very calmly walk him in the door, up the stairs and to the safe room. Of course when I got there 2 cats were inspecting the food I had just put down for Patches. He threw at least one hiss at their furry rumps as they were sent out. But only the one. I locked the door and left him inspecting the room.. tomorrow, I will find out if it is as easy to crate him. But I don't see why not.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Ah....

I once tried to befriend a feral kitten. I was feeding it every evening, and one day I tried to pick it up. Bad move. I lost a lot of blood, pretty much instantly.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's done. Patches is back in his safe room and acting starved to death. wolfed down half a can of wet food. I will probably give him a night time snack later also. Vet also gave him all the basic inoculations while we were there. No microchip showed up.. I was really hoping for him to be chipped already. I know he was someones pet. given his growth, we estimate he is almost 2 years old. he's a young one.

Max is currently rolling all over the dog bed. Happy to be home after his surgery today also. Vet said for a beagle, he never made a peep while in the office.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is check the lost and found and post a found ad.
Other then that maybe make up some posters with his picture.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The only thing I can suggest is check the lost and found and post a found ad.
Other then that maybe make up some posters with his picture.
been looking for posters and adds for 3 months. so far no go. So I finally just caught him and brought him into the kitten room. Problem is the person who put him outside and abandoned him. Picked him up out of a friend's neighborhood, in another state. So I have no clue where he came from initially, just that he acts like someones indoor/outdoor pet.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
That's sad, some people when they lose their jobs and have to move just abandon their pets.
A truly despicable act, I believe a pet owner is morally obligated to find their pet a new home when they can no longer care for it.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
problem is I don't know where he came from or if anyone is looking for him. He was picked up in another neighborhood, in another state by someone who was not his owner and saw him in a "friend's" yard and decided he was perfect for keeping snakes out of her yard. So she brought him home and tossed him out without a thought of ever taking care of him since she took him from where he was from

. He looked pretty well cared for, he knows how to use "soft paws" when playing, never scratches or bites, used the litter pan first time in the safe room. is not scared of kids, or dogs.But after 3 months of sleeping on my porch and trying to sneak into the house, I just decided to bring him in. Its just too dang cold to leave him out.

Of all the strays I have delt with, everything tells me this one HAS a home somewhere. It's frustrating to know someone might be missing him.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i am glad he got lucky enough to come across a person as caring as you.

you are doing all you can do as far as trying to track down his family. the bottom line is now he has a warm and loving home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts