Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9 month old indoor cat seems to have injured his rear paw. It must have happened at night because we have no idea how. He spent all day yesterday on the dining chair/under the dining room table. We knew something was wrong because he has no interest in eating or drinking even though he is very obviously cotton mouthed. It wasn't until he went to the bathroom to use his litter box that qe noticed him limping, favoring his right rear paw. He seems to be able to get up on the couch so I doubt it is very severe but what concerns me is his refusal to eat or drink water. It has been over 24 hours. I need advice as this is my first indoor cat.

·
Super Moderator
26,676 Posts
He could have a broken or fractured toe or toes. He needs an xray. This happened to my Cali. The ER vet manipulated her paw and she didn't cry out or anything so they told me it could wait until I saw my regular vet (it was Thanksgiving). But I insisted on xrays and she had two broken toes. Cats are experts at hiding pain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need help and advice. Our kitty injured himself and the vet confirmed he a growth plate fracture and will require surgery. They bandaged him up and put a cone on and we took him home until we wait for the orthepedic surgeon to confirm and possibly schedule surgery. This may take a couple of days. But he is doing well. He is not eating or drinking and we fight just to get him his pain meds. I don't know what to do.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
The other food that can work, is human baby food! I keep a few jars of Gerber ham, in those "just in case" incidents...
Most cats can't resist, also add some extra water to it!
Best Wishes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts