Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marbles <<)) goes outdoors a lot and I've noticed that his dark paw pads are starting to fade into a pinkish color. Also, every so often he'll come home with a cut on his toes...(on the paw pads). I know he is a clumsy cat and so I expect some accidents. But was wondering if anyone else has seen or experienced this with their cats?

It doesn't seem to bother him that his paw pads are cracking up and bleeding sometimes. I was thinking that maybe its coz he goes out, so his paw pads naturally gets dry and cracks up and that's why they cut easily? I just hope that it won't become anything infectious. I have been using Colloidal Silver Spray which helps kill any bacteria.

Any ideas? :(

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
It's not normal. I can tell you that. I don't know any cat (that goes outside) that have problems with their paws. Keep it clean, I make my own solution that I keep cuts clean with. Cook 1 litre of water and add 1 millilitre of salt. Call your vet and ask if there's anything you can treat the paws with to make ite better.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I keep my kitties strictly indoors and I've never had a problem like that. Your kitty may have sensitive skin and I wouldn't let him outside until you get his paws cleaned up, moist, and back to norm.

·
Registered
179 Posts
For my cats, I would just wash them down then put some unscented lotion or vaseline on them, then keep them in a few days. Seemed to work ok. My dogs have very dry, cracked paw pads, but they don't seem to mind.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies...

The minor cuts here and there doesn't seem to bother Marbles at all. And I wished that I could confined him indoor, unfortunately, my place is built in such a way that its had many openings and some parts connect to the neighbour's. Anyways, as I've mentioned I've been using the Colloidal silver spray which is anti-bacterial and I'll try out that vaseline idea. It may help moisturise his paw pads... I hope :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts