Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody please help, I am at the end of my teather and unless a solution can be found I will probably have to find new homes for my cats. :cry:

I have 2 cats both around 2 years old and despite everything they continue to pee on my sofa. They have been through phases of peeing of every thing all the time, but fortunatly the introduction of a second litter tray seem to solve that.

and then recently they started peeing on the sofa again. I have made sure the litter tray is clean so I don't think it is that. But it seems soon as I turn my back they do it again. I don't even know which one it is since I have never been able to catch them.

I have wondered if the problem is because they don't get on very well, ie fight alot and never cuddle uptogether. maybe being in an apartment together all the time is the problem.

Further details:
They came from a refuge and have been together since very young.
one is very outgoing and playful, while the other is much more shy and reserved.
The shy one seems to have emotional problems, for the first 6 months it was impossible to touch her, but now she seems to crave effection despite being scared to come to us.
They are both girls and have been spade (sorry if that is not the correct expression)

I just don't know what to do.

If anyone can help or offer advice, thankyou.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Start by figuring out who's doing the peeing. Stick a litter box and one of your cats in your bathroom. Watch the cat outside of the washroom closely. Once you have that determined you can work on the problem. Confine the peeing cat in a non-carpeted room, such as the bathroom, for 24 hours for the next 7 days with a clean litter box. Treat all areas with Eliminator Odor and Stain Remover or another product you have.
Once the week is over let your cat out only when she can be watched every second. Do this for another week. Then finally, let her out of the bathroom for good. You might still want to keep an eye on her. This technique usually helps eliminate a peeing problem. :) Good luck!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Lexxie said it all but I wanted to ask if you had tired a product called feliway? They have ones that plug into the wall. They may be a little expensive but it may save you the troule of cleaning up urine. In the US they cost about $30 or so. I hear it works great especially if there is tension between the cats. Are you sure they are not sick or have a urinary tract infection? No one seems to be in pain or anything right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for you comments, I feel there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I now have the 2 in seperate rooms, although as is typical with cats they are now crying to one another (so much for them not getting on).

Thank you again and i will keep you posted on progress

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts