Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've been having this problem for a few months. Morse pees in his litterbox most of the time. But occasionally he pees on the dog bed. Nowhere else, but the dog bed.

He's been to the vet. She said he had sterile cystitis, and gave him some kitty painkillers, and helped me transition him to a wet food diet. I am pretty sure it's not cystitis this time though, because he doesn't cry if I feel his belly like last time.

I think its behavioral because he only does it on the dog beds. Not on people beds or anything else soft, but he has used both of the dog's beds. We have a steam cleaner, so we're gonna use natures miracle and then steam clean everything. One of the problems is that he's so hydrated that his pee does not smell to us, so we can't tell when he's gone there!

My roommate is convinced that her dog is the sweetest thing ever. But he growls at my cat, and today when I got home Morse had slobber on him. He has places to get away, but I am worried cause he had slobber on him. That means he was IN the dogs mouth. He's acting normal and asking for dinner, so I think he's not injured. Could the urinating on the dog bed mean that he is stressed out by the dog? I want to pen the dog up. He even growls at me sometimes, but I'm not afraid of him. He tried to bite me once, but in that circumstance he figured out pretty quickly that I am alpha in our pack.

Its funny cause I'm dominant over him, but his mommy (owner) is not. I am not sure she'll believe me that Morse had slobber all over him today. He's always too perfect to do anything wrong. I guess I could just let him pee on the dog beds until she pens him up, but I don't want my cat to be stressed! Anyone have any ideas about this?

·
Registered
801 Posts
What have you used before to clean the bed? If you haven't used an enzyme cleaner like Nok-Out to clean it, then your cat can still smell the spot and so thinks its still a nice pee-pee spot.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would wash it (if you can) and douse it is Nature's Miracle Advanced. My dog peed on the couch once and Nature's Miracle..... really was a miracle. lol
PS: One of my cats will pee in my dog's crate (they have bedding in there) if I leave the door open. I have to keep them shut. But i really think he only does this when he deems his litter box too dirty....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He has two litterboxes, cleaned every day. Usually if he's not happy with the box, he will go on the rubber mat right in front of it as a warning...LOL. We've used Nature's Miracle on all the dog beds. The one he used this time was new. However one thing we thought of when we brainstormed about it last night was that they were using cedar litter at the shelter I got him at. The beds have cedar in them. Its just another reason for me to continue hating on cedar! Cut it all down!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts