Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is one question that I have absolutely no idea as to how to start it right, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I don't mean to disgust anyone, so do forgive me if I do.

Well, this incident happened this morning when I was in bed, sleeping. Sid, my 8 year-old cat, jumped up on the bed and started to walk on me (this is entirely normal and routine). What isn't normal and routine is the fact that, when he was walking over me to get to my husband's side of the bed, he dribbled out pee on my face! 8O It smelt disgusting but fortunately it was just a small amount.

Anyway, what I was wondering, Was he spooked in anyway that could have caused him to dribble? Cause when I jumped out of bed, he looked straight at me and started following me, and trying to cuddle with my feet. He has never done this before and he is always great with using the litter box.

PS: I think it was pee anyway, it was clear liquid and smelt rancid....don't think it was poop or anything like that.

Please help....anything would be great! I so need the support...and after 2 showers, I feel much better right now. *Ugh*

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would take him to the vet to make sure he isn't getting a uninary tract infection. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lynda J - The weird thing was, after I got out of the shower, I saw him in the Litter Box, peeing ..... when he saw me, he trotted over to me to cuddle again.... So, I know he can pee in the box, didn't seem to be straining so.....I don't really know. But I am going to monitor his litter box usage and maybe make an appointment if needed. Thanks! :) It's always good to know that there are people concerned as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My cat did that once but not pee but poo and that was just because she was old and when cats get old sometimes they loose control of there bladder but she was fine after that it only happened once but she is on the rainbow bridge now because of cancer and strokes. But anyway yer sometimes when cats are old they can loose control and have little accidents.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would still have him checked. I had a cat that had kidney problems and even though he would use the box sometimes he would leak. Found out he had a urinary infection that kept him from having total control.
I still say better safe that sorry.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Absolutely; best to have him checked. In a male cat, an untreated urinary infection can result in blockage, and then you'll have to rush him to emergency (read: $$$) surgery or worse. This is one of those "ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure" situations!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, we went to the vet's yesterday and he is Negative for UTI, and his urinalysis came back within normal parameters.... *Phew* And we finally figured out what he did on me....

Since when I woke up his butt was in my face, I automatically figured that the foul smelling liquid was his pee, but instead it was his drool....he must have just finished eating and came over to drool on me...ugh... his mouth smells like something died in there! But we ruled out any mouth infection or any dental problems...so Sid must just have drool over something yesterday!

Thanks for all your support! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, update....a really gross update really...

I found out that I must have scared Sid when he was playing "Jumping Over the Human" and he must have squirted from his "Anal Glands" It was some sort of a transparent colored fluid (foul smelling, butt area scent) that was tinged with some yellow-brown color....

Oh, I feel gross 8O

1 - 8 of 8 Posts