Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adopted a 7 year old calico cat from a friend. Her name is layla and she’s a very particular cat. Her history is really unknown. A previous vet said there was some trauma but we don’t know how bad it is.
she can be very cranky and very loving.
mover the summer we recently took in another foster cat Olivia who is about one years old and she gets along great with my other one year old cat Oliver.
oliver and layla had been coexisting for about 6 months before we took in the foster.
between the two kittens they other like to play rough with my older cat layla and it creates an unpleasant atmosphere for layla.
we have made sure that layla has her own space. Her own litter box and her own comforts of scratchers and toys but she’s been peeing the bed more often.
when she first started to pee there were some obvious issues that we needed to fix. But now that she’s set up she’s still peeing the bed.

we have been trying to let her integrate with the kittens but gs not very long before she’s pounced on by our more rambunctious cats.
I’ve read several articles that say she could be having a behavior issue or a territory issue or she could be trying to get closer to me as she’s pretty much bonded with me.
however we know she uses the litter box because we have seen her use it on several occasions
It feels like she only feels the need to pee the bed is when we try integrating her with Olivia our newest foster.

is there anything I can do to either correct her behavior or get her to bond with the new foster that’s not causing me to wash me sheets every other week?
i don’t know what else to do

·
Registered
Baloo is a 6yo boi
8 Posts
It another topic someone suggested using some cat diffuser thing in a similar situation. "Feliway is a product that comforts and reassures cats and kittens and reduces signs of stress such as urine spraying, scratching, fighting or hiding. "
I've never used it myself, but apparently it can help cats who are in stress.

There is no possibility of urinary infection? Cause sometimes they would pee in the most comfortable place (ie in bed) when they are in pain.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
You definitely need to confirm that she is not dealing with a UTI. Is she peeing more than normal? Is she peeing a very small amount? If she is then she may have a medical condition that needs to be checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts