Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently use World's Best litter. Among all the clumping litters, I like this one best because it's natural and seems to work well.
I do not like the dust and tracking problem. I sneeze a lot when I try to clean out the litter box.

I did some research on pellet type litters but cannot come to one that I want to try. I do not want to try Feline Pine because it is made of pine and pine oil is toxic to cats, so does cedar. It is bad for asthma kitties specifically.

I am looking into: Yesterday's news, Meow News, or Wood pellet used for fuel...

Have anyone tried any of them? Any advice as for choice?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't know anything about pellet litter, except that some cats like to play with it! They bat around the little pellet things like hockey pucks and get them all over the house.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I haven't tried the others, only Feline Pine. Supposedly it does not contain the oils because it is made from heat dried sawdust. The odor control was pretty good, and my cats never had a problem with it even when they would eat it as kittens. In fact, I used the feline pine because that is what the shelter I adopted them from uses for all of their cats. The only downside I ever had to the litter was that it does nothing for a sick cat with runny poo!

·
Banned
873 Posts
Any advice as for choice?
Well, not for choice but...
When you start the changeover, do it gradually, adding just a little of the new to start...and then gradually increasing the volume of the new one.

(I abruptly switched from WBCL to another granulated product - Feline Pride, a clumping pine - and shortly thereafter discovered a deposit just outside the box!)

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
have been using feline pine for years, easy to use, less waste, no dust(dust can be worse for asthma than pine oil,)no pine oil to the litter, plus you would only worry about that if the cat lived in the box or was crated up with the litter box for long periods. there may be an adjustment period to get the cats used to the differant texture..PS I have 2 scoops for the little, one with large holes thats collects the solid offerings, one with small holes that sifts out the disovled pellets so the unused one are returned to the box,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts