Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an email and a call from a woman who recently lost her cat to kidney disease and says her house just doesn't feel right without a cat despite her having two dogs. She phoned last night for some more info on Penny but I got the message too late so I'll have to call her back later today.

Of course once all the drama dulls down and the OH has actually referred to her as "his cat" someone calls interested in her lol. Even Reyna is taking a liking to her finally. I snapped a picture of them together for the first time with no fighting yesterday. I'm sure going to miss her if she goes. :cry:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't caught them like it since, so I'm glad the camera was near. Penny tried to curl up with Reyna in the basket like she does with Bosco and Reyna flipped out on her. Poor Penny just stood there and took it with a very confused look on her face until Reyna crawled off hissing and growling.

The woman who's interested in her wants to come see her either tomorrow or Friday night. She'll call me tomorrow with her decision.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to and even the OH is falling for her often slipping up and calling her "his" cat. Which I of course refuse to let go of during the rest of the day. :D

Well it was a dud. The woman said she would phone today to tell me if she come meet her this evening or tomorrow and no phone call. Also said she had several other cats to look at as well, which kinda put me off a little...
Oh well her loss and my gain as I get to see her sweet face and cuddle in bed with her. :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I'd love to keep her, the humane society has already said they would let me keep her as a permanent foster, meaning I'll never have to pay any vet bills or food bills for her. But as much as I know the OH likes her I also know he doesn’t want another cat (even if we don’t have to pay for anything for it). –sigh-

I don’t understand people, there have been a few calls and emails and they are all interested in her and can’t wait to meet her until I tell them she’s blind in her right eye but it doesn’t cause her any problems. All of a sudden they have to call me back or they just don’t return my emails.
:cry:

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I'd have her. Blind or otherwise. She is lovely.

Can you post her overseas? ;)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nine.Lives.Rescue said:
[quote="Lilac*":1ic1fluy]Oh I'd love to keep her, the humane society has already said they would let me keep her as a permanent foster, meaning I'll never have to pay any vet bills or food bills for her. But as much as I know the OH likes her I also know he doesn’t want another cat (even if we don’t have to pay for anything for it). –sigh-

I don’t understand people, there have been a few calls and emails and they are all interested in her and can’t wait to meet her until I tell them she’s blind in her right eye but it doesn’t cause her any problems. All of a sudden they have to call me back or they just don’t return my emails.
:cry:
That's so sad :( I don't know what the hold up is with some people needed the "perfect" pet....

I'm thankful for the people out there that are totally the opposite and feel good about sharing their lives with a needy animal, regardless of the handicap.

Sending vibes for that puuurrfect home to come along for Penny!!! Good Luck![/quote:1ic1fluy]

I feel the same way. Nobody would have wanted Reyna, she's only got three legs at the time she was up for adoption she had half a leg that needed surgery to be removed. Bosco, nobody wants a diabetic cat. We have such a hard time adoption out one eyed cats. There is allot of them! Mostly feral kittens with damaged eyes that have become infected and the eye is removed and the socket sewed shut. Nobody wants them, even if they were the only kittens we had they shake their heads. I think it gives them personality and they look like they are winking at you.

melysion said:
I'd have her. Blind or otherwise. She is lovely.

Can you post her overseas? ;)
I'm sure we could make that happen Allie. :lol:

She actually plays now which is a huge step forward. I'd try before when she first came here and it was like she didn't know what to do, she'd watch Reyna and Bosco and swat at it maybe once then stop and just sit and watch now she drags the toys around and plays by herself, hopping and leaping, even stalking her mousey and playing "Whack-A-Reyna" with the empty banana box. :D

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I think that's sad Lisa! Truly! What is the perfect pet anyway? Is there really such a thing? And sometimes those pets that need a little bit more understanding, are often the most loving! I know when I was looking to adopt, Zoey was being overlooked by potential adopters because of her shaved fur. Which is lucky for me........she is the sweetest little fur baby, and she's all mine! :luv

I really wish you luck in finding Penny a loving home, though it sounds like she's getting along very well, and adjusting right where she is! :wink

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Something in my heart says Penny is already in her permanent home. Don't know why, it just feels that way. :) :heart

Arianwen was adopted and returned two or three times before I adopted her. I cannot imagine anyone who has a beating heart in their body not giving a home to this sweetest of kittas.*
I guess it's another case of heartless people who look for the "perfect pet". Of course, there's no such thing.

*kitta (noun) - affectionate slang for domestic Felis catus, variant from kitteh. :wink:
:eek:rcat

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well she's gone to the cat room at Petcetera. :cry: Made the decision yesterday after the OH got home and I told him what had happened. Neither of us wanted to do it, and even as we were leaving the store after dropping her off both of us ended up shedding a few tears.

OH told me last night he'd love to keep her if she fit in with the rest of the troop better. Yesterday was another rough day with her, not only did she seek Drifter out and attack him while he was sleeping, her and Reyna have been consatntly getting more rough with each other. Yesterday they got into a serious fight, Reyna is missing a patch of hair from her neck and several smaller patches on her legs now and was limping around on her right fore which made it all the harder for her to get around. She caught Drifter in the eye she she attacked him when he was sleeping and he had to go to the vet, luckily no major damage just a scratch but he does have some drops and a cream for it for the next week. Poor guy has been a nervous wreck and today he's crawling around and refuses to leave the bedroom.

I'm hoping he'll be back to normal soon and will be none the worse then what he was before. He's always been a timid-ish dog from his abuse before we got him and this whole Penny thing I think really got to him and struck a few flashbacks. Penny is settling in well at the adoption room, I went to see her today and she's already made a friend with a tortie there, they were snuggled up inside one of the cat trees with a little black and white kitten that the tortie I'm told has adopted as her baby. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts