Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The circular 'thing' on the back of the couch (behind the pillow)is a rag rug I'm working on for the floor next to the couch. Mom and I went to an estate sale this morning and this hand crocheted afghan was there for 3.00. The colors matched PERFECTLY. For 3 bucks, how could I NOT bring it home!

As soon as I washed it and draped it over the corner of the couch it received the MowMow stamp of approval!

IMG_2349 by KrisMowBook, on Flickr

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi! Deci and Delta like an afghan too! In July, my 10 yo daughter and I were at a sale and she wanted to get a baby blanket for the kittens. She kind of treats them like her babies. There were several cute fleece ones, but she wanted to get the pastel afghan. Nothing was priced and I wanted her to have her choice, so I just told her to ask how much it was...25 cents!! We actually should have gotten the other fleece blankets too at that price. I thought they would chew and scratch at it and I have seen that occasionally, but it has worked out.

Congrats to Mow Mow for having a favorite blankey :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
SCORE!!! What a great find! For three bucks I'd have bought it no matter what color it was! I love thrift stores, yard sales, estate sales and antique malls! I bought a granny stitch blanket that looked just like one that was on the back of the sofa when I was a kid decades ago! I never knew what happened to that one. $20 for the imposter at an antique mall, but it brings me comfort and so many great memories.

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Nice score, Krissy!! It's beautiful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts