Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I did a little perfume experiment not long ago with Clevelend. I thought he didn't like it because every time I put some on he started mewling and being weird but I figured out it was because he associated it with me leaving the house so I did a few 'put on perfume and stay in the house' experiments and now he doesn't bother with it. Weird huh!

·
Registered
15 Posts
off topic, but I had to say it.......

Your kitty is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marsh is so cute that I actually said that outloud without realizing it. (knee jerk reaction)

I love the pic of Marsh in the leopard print bed. Is Marsh short for Marshmallow?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I read this in a cat book .. Cats HATE perfume!! I tested it when I was really little by putting perfume on a toy that they always played with, they wouldn't go near that thing ever again.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweetpea said:
off topic, but I had to say it.......

Your kitty is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marsh is so cute that I actually said that outloud without realizing it. (knee jerk reaction)

I love the pic of Marsh in the leopard print bed. Is Marsh short for Marshmallow?
Thanks Sweatpea! Marsh IS short for Marshmallow, but he's so mushy, we just call him Marsh.

You can take a look at more pictures here http://groups.msn.com/RareBirdWS6/marshmycat.msnw , and i'll post his 'bed' pics from another thread, they always get a kick out of people. :p

that's my favorite:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went into the store the other day and they're selling dog and cat perfume! You're supposed to spray it on a cloth and then rub them down with it! I just couldn't believe it....it seems so stupid to me, I mean, won't it just irritate their noses more than anything?!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Luftballoons said:
I went into the store the other day and they're selling dog and cat perfume! You're supposed to spray it on a cloth and then rub them down with it! I just couldn't believe it....it seems so stupid to me, I mean, won't it just irritate their noses more than anything?!
Probably - some people put it on their pets to make them smell nice if they can't give them a bath. Pet store owners also like these sprays because it makes their animals smell better than they should so their store doesn't smell like... well... animals. =/ They also have stuff for ferrits to make them smell better as well.

Unfortunatly - it's not really good for them to do it - because someone could think they are alergic to a certain animals - when they are alergic to the perfume! The cat or other animals could be alergic to it as well - and not be able to say anything.

Anyways - my cats don't get too upset with the smell of my perfume - as long as they aren't very close when I spray it (maybe it irritates them or something). If it's been a while since I've sprayed - so it's not as strong - sometimes they liked to stick their faces in my neck and smell - it's very cute!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts