Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Persian Cat lovers!! My name is Melanie or Mel for short…..I have a Persian named Javier……my absolute pride and joy!! I do have a question: Do Persian Cats after some age, have skin issues? Mine is a Apicot/white……he has had some spit come up on his tail and they are almost wart like (which freaked me out) and he also had a bigger flat but raised (if that makes sense) spot on his back near base of tail but to the right side and it’s just a flesh color and I was worried to death about it and his tail spots so we went to the Vet and she does a aspirate of the spot on his back close to base of tail and I showed a lot of Mass Cells which can be a bad sign……so of course worried Mama here has looked and googled and am worrying myself crazy. He also has some raised tiny places near his ear, under his bottom jaw area, to the side of like his front Right elbow I guess is how to describe the place…..they just seem like tiny raised spots the color or his skin. I’m so worried and looked for a Persian Cat forum where I might hear from more Persian owners that have had or have this problem with a Persian Cat…….btw, the one on his back near base of tail he doesn’t like messed with and will meow and hop down if I try to look at it……he also don’t like the ones on his tail messed with and they are raised and almost wart like. Have any of your experienced any of the problems and what have you done or what is it called? Is it something I need to even be more worried about? Are the maybe cancer? OMGosh I’m freaking out bc he’s my whole life……tears are running as I’m tying this now. He just turned 10 in December. His brother from the same parents and born the year before just fell over dead near his food and water bowls……amd he was almost 10 so that happened June 23, 2020 and I’ve followed Jav like a paranoid overprotective Mama bc as he neared 10 which was when his brother died……I’ve just followed every step I can and have worried so much…….plz someone out there help me with my worries over my Javier aka Jav, aka The Babe, aka Mama’s pumpkin butter, aka Mama’s baby boy, aka Mama’s little Jav-y……..can you tell he’s so spoiled?! Thanks everyone😻

·
Super Moderator
26,940 Posts
So the vet said "mass cells" and you haven't been back? Was treatment recommended? Either contact that vet or get another. If he's as spoiled as you say, this should be done immediately instead of freaking out. I'm not trying to be harsh, but having lost a cat to an extremely fast-spreading tumor, I can't stress enough that time matters.

Reactions: Mosi

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hello Mel. I'm very sorry for the loss of Javier's brother. If you mean "mast cells", here's a link I often go to when I need information. You could write down any questions and concerns you have, and have a thorough conversation with your Vet about it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Take a deep breath.
Your freaking out will not help your cat.
Do some research, as miscellaneous says, and then have a conversation with your vet ---calmly!--- to get answers to your questions.

Believe me, I understand the freaking out part!
But the fact is that information is the only power you can get in this situation. Go back to your vet and get information to answer your fears and questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts