Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a persian kitten about 6 months ago, and since the day we got her she literally has not stopped purring. she purrs when shes sleeping, when shes playing, when shes eating, when were brushing her (and i know she is NEVER thrilled about seeing the brush). is there something wrong with her? or is she just an extremly happy kitten? is this a common thing for persians? im just curious because ive had other cats before, and none of them have ever purred 24/7 like this one.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It is unusual for a cat to purr non stop. I still think it sounds adorable :) As long as she has been to a vet for a full exam and is deemed healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. Cats have been known to even purr when in pain but it sounds like your kitty is quite content

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Cats don't just purr because they are happy -- they also purr as a calming device. That's what I've read at least. It sounds fine just as long as your vet has checked her health and all that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Padunk said:
I remember reading somewhere that cats do not purr while sleeping.
Hmm.. not sure if she does while sleeping.. ill have to get back to you on that.

the cat was checked out by the vet right after we got her.. and i wouldnt be suprised if she was purrring at teh vet too.. even when she had her temperature taken.. and im sure we all know how much cats hate that part!! :shock:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ForJazz said:
loopy738 said:
she purrs when shes sleeping

loopy738 said:
Hmm.. not sure if she does while sleeping.. ill have to get back to you on that.
?
heh.. the first post i was just goin off on a tangent. i tried sneaking up on her and listening a few times today during her cat naps.. but she woke up too easily

1 - 8 of 8 Posts