Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am wondering if you can help me figure out a problem with my 9year old cat, Sandy.

I've had him since he was a baby, and though he was mischevious at times, he was always rather quiet. Especially at night (he goes to bed at around 8pm, it's his nightly schedule)

But recently since I've moved house, he's been meowing persistently. We figure it could be 'cos he's not used to the new house. But Toffee, the other cat, has settled down nicely and Sandy is still meowing... or more like howling throughout the night. It's keeping us from sleeping, and we don't know how we can make him stop.

What should we do? Could it be due to a disease? But it's only been 2 weeks since we've moved, and he was fine before then.

Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To keep you guys updated, I decided to give Sandy a stern talking-to last night before bedtime. Held his face and told him seriously, "No meowing tonight Sandy. We want some sleeping time." Repeated that a few times and let him go. And he was quiet all night! I'm so impressed with my boy! Last night was my first good night in 2 weeks, I made sure I stroked him real good this morn :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
In a cat his age, this can be a sign of hyperthyroidism or other medical condition. If the meowing persists, he needs to be checked and have complete bloodwork done.

Sleep tight,
Dr. Jean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts