Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my cats has been scratching his ear on and off for many months. Early on I applied some ear cleaning solution. After that didn't seem to help, I took him into the vet. The vet did tests for ear mites, and found none. They flushed his ear (how?) and gave me a different cleaner to use. He's been to the vet at least once since then for a checkup, and they didn't say anything about his ear, and when asked they said it looked fine. I've been using the cleaner whenever it seems like he's been scratching a lot lately.

Still, it seems very odd to me. The other cat scratches her ears far less frequently (despite having more wax) and, unlike this cat, scratches both of them. This cat always scratches his left ear. Sometimes for a minute or so, and occasionally making some groaning noises.

Anyone have advice on this? I really doubt it's ear mites, as it is always the one ear, I've been to the vet at least twice, and clean it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im Currently having the same problem with my kittie !
my vet suggested some anti-biotic ear drops ( Garasone ) ..
i also cleaned her ear ( with a tissue on my finger and a few drops of the ear-drop ) ...
other users on the phorum suggested something else,
but she seems much better , she isnt scratching her ear as much ...... and its not as sensetive as it was before !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts