Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My searches in this forum always yield zero results. Haven't figured out why. Anyhow:

I would like to buy a sturdy plastic pet carrier with lots of ventilation that is large enough for a large cat. I have a kitten now but I can't afford to buy two so can anyone recommend the length, width and height of a pet carrier for a large cat. In particular I am not sure on what the height should be.

Thanks!!
Randy

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
All it needs to be is large enough for the cat to turn around in and stand up in. I'd say no more than 15 inches tall. Do you have ANY idea how large this cat will be?? My Jack is a whopping 28 pounds while my Missy was 5. Makes a big difference if you have a clue as to future size. Worst case scenario, you but one that is too small then donate it or sell it and buy another from a thrift store. I see them there all the time for about $10 - $15.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Unless space in your place is limited, consider 2 sizes anyway. A smaller size that is suited for small cat, and a larger one later when your cat gets too big. Some of the carrier comes apart for easy cleaning and you could put small one inside larger one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts