Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any positive or negative reviews, suggestions, recommendations on which company they like or would avoid?

Note: this thread is not meant to debate the financial pros or cons of insurance, versus saving the money to pay for expanses out of pocket.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't like VPI. THey have a complicated benefits package. They only cover up to a certain amount for specific illnesses and accidents. They do this to limit reimbursement. If you are going to go with a pet insurance company make sure you pick one that has at least 90% reimbursement like Healthy Paws or Trupanion .

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm leaning towards PetPlan insurance. Besides having customizable plans, they've received pretty good reviews.

I also appreciate that they offer a level where the cost of your cat (if you had paid for it) could be reimbursed in the event of death caused by illness or accidental injury.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Both my guys are covered by petplan. They don't cover UTIs for MowMow since it is a pre existing condition and I've only had two vet visits that were NOT that problem... they did cover those two visits though reimbursed me quickly and without issue.

I DO like that they have a pre approval process, my vet fills out the form and faxes it and once it's pre approved she lets me slide on the payment until they pay me. So, no out of pocket for me....that's always nice.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Consumer Reports does NOT recommend getting pet insurance. Try a vet discount program like UPC (unitedpetcare.com) or Pet Assure, instead of pet insurance...
As I said in my original post, this thread is not meant to debate the financial pros or cons of insurance, versus saving the money to pay for expanses out of pocket. I am well aware of the payoff, or lack of payback on investing in insurance. I was hoping to hear some real life user experiences with different companies.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Go to petinsurancereview.com

Kathy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.