Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few times I've seen an orange tabby-looking cat around the house, looking into our windows at Angel. I haven't seen him/her for a few weeks, though. The cat doesn't have a collar so I was wondering what you all would do? Should I consider the cat a stray and take it in to the Humane Society, or leave him/her be? If it's a stray I would love to take it, the cat is adorable! Anyway, thanks in advance.
Melissa & Angel

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
First things first, there is honestly NO WAY of telling a stray from an outdoor cat. If the cat seems well fed then it might have a home somewhere. Considering you haven't seen kitty in a while, the owner might be keeping it indoors .. Or someone else did something with kitty.

IF you honestly think kitty is a stray. Bring kitty indoors and keep him confined in one room away from your other pets. Take a picture and go around your neighborhood and see if its anyones pet. If that doesn't work, post a found ad in the paper, and put flyers up at petstores and the humane society. Check the newspaper for lost cats and watch flyers. Do this for a month or so(considering if it IS an outdoor pet, owners may be used to kitty disappearing for a while).

Take kitty to vet asap to get checked for FIV/FeLV.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advise. After I posted this, I got to thinking about my neighbors. Our neighbors are selling/sold (not sure which) their house, so the cat might have been theirs and that could be why I haven't seen it. Though I'm still going to keep an eye out for the cat just in case...Thanks again :)
Melissa & Angel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts