Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering whats the best product out there that can get rid of the odor and the stain in the carpet...i dont want to go spend tons of $$ trying out different products..so if you've tried one that you like and that you think works really good.... please let me kno... and also does that pet hair release carpet freshener work like it says its supposed to.. :p

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I second Nature's Miracle (someone said that they recently changed their name?). The package directions say to saturate the spot and they mean it. Buy the gallon jug if you need to and apply it liberally. It can take up to two weeks to dry thoroughly and you'll need to keep Dill away from the spot until its dry. I usually do it on a dry day, pop open my windows and put some fans out. When I do that, it's normally dry by the end of the day. Expect the spots to smell even worse until the product is completely dry.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The place I went to said that they changed the name to Petastic. I bought a bottle of it, and it does say Nature's Miracle really small on it. Anyway --as I already said, I love it. I also tried Annissa's suggestion of putting some in a spray bottle and just "freshening up" areas near the litter box where things get a little stinky at times. I've only had to use a lot of it when Jack's separation anxiety comes out and he weed on the carpet. Like when Brandon and I were gone for 3 days and we had a friend come over to feed, water, and scoop. Anyway -- it worked great. :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
ForJazz said:
I also tried Annissa's suggestion of putting some in a spray bottle and just "freshening up" areas near the litter box where things get a little stinky at times.
I just did that in my bathroom last night. I keep it in a Febreze bottle. Apparently my fiance thought it actually was Febreze and was spraying it on his clothes. I told him what it was and he gingerly put the bottle down. I don't know why he was afraid of it. I think it freshened him up nicely. :)

Don't bother with the spray bottle if you're putting it on spots. Just pour it on. You'll need to saturate the carpet and the padding underneath it. When I had dark carpets I would get down on my hands and knees and sniff out the spots. Once the spots were treated, I would just mist the rest of the carpet.

I swear, once you use this product, you'll wonder how you ever got along with out it. :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
In a word...yes. But its more complicated than that. When his diabetes gets out of control he gets UTIs very quickly. They sometimes get so bad that he loses control of his bladder. There will be little spots here and there from him just laying down. Several times the back of my couch has been saturated. Since I switched him to an all-wet diet, this has stopped happening.

In that apartment with the dark carpet, my neighbor would let her cat out into the hallway. Sabby started spraying right in front of the door and along the wall I shared with her. He doesn't get along with other cats.

Since I changed his diet and moved, the only time he's peed outside the litterbox was when I've left towells on my bathroom floor. There's no power on earth that will stop him from peeing on towells if they're left lying around. (BTW, Nature's Miracle works great in the washing machine, too)

So, yeah, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that he's had problems in the past, but I'm very vigilant about cleaning it up and fixing the source of the problem. I *heart* my Hoover Steamvac. :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I really admire you for sticking with him -- only a true animal lover won't think twice about it. It's so sad to think of animals like Sabby who don't get that chance -- they have health problems and can't help themselves, but with the right dedication their problems can be stopped. Too many people don't realize that, and get rid of them the second the pee hits the couch. :( Way to go, Annissa, although I'm sure for you it's not about praise, it's about loving your cat. :)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
In the UK i use simple solution, great stuff.
They do different ones for various things, cat spray (fantastic stuff) sick, poop, pee.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
So Sabby pee's on towels huh? Bosco will pee on the floor next to the litterbox...if the kids crawl near it while they play hide-n-seek...

I tell the kids "Please, stay away from Bosco's litterbox!" :roll:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks

i want and picked up a bottle of "petastic"..well the natures miracle stuff and wow was i impressed..that stuff worked awesome!! thanks for the awesome suggestion!

·
Registered
676 Posts

Glad you found a product that works for you. And it works for so many good things, poo, pee, vomit, hair balls, you name it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts