Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my husband and I took Sid to the Pet Store yesterday (to pick out toys and to see the adoption that they were holding at the store) and we noticed in the car after we left the pet store, that he had dandruff (a lot of it! 8O ) all over his back and a lot of his hair had "shedded" off his back.

I was just wondering, could it be that traumatic for him that his skin did something weird as to shed and develop dandruff in mere minutes? He doesn't have dandruff (thanks to a change to good food and grooming) and has quit shedding like a banshee at home. So this is really strange.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
He may have caught something (no clue what) while he was there. You may want to call your vet and describe it in detail and see if its a common thing or if you should bring him in for treatment.

I hope its nothing!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Actually, our Rottie used to do this EVERY single time she got in the car and /or went to the pet store or vet. Our vet told us it was from the excitement and stress. It turned out to seem right on because we noticed this happened every time we'd put her in these situations. Strange!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I figured that was what it was, and I need other opinions - I have known to be wrong! *LOL* :p Kidding. Well, yeah, he quit shedding and getting all "dandruffy" after we brought him home and I brushed him. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts