Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to get a second tag made up for Sera a spare so I was curious what info people put on them for indoor only cats. The current one I have her name on the front and my cell/home numbers on the back myself. But I'm debating whether there should be anything else like indoor only.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
I really like the idea of adding 'Indoor' and 'Reward' as well!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
"Indoor Cat" goes on both of them. It's more important than the name. I figure people will ignore a cat with a collar and tag outside assuming its a free range cat but if they see the word indoor they will more likely call me.

I also have tags for their pet insurance policy so if one of them is found injured they can be treated by a vet right away.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On the front side I have their name and indoor cat if outside I am lost. On the back side I have my cell phone number along with my moms cell and my aunts cell on the off chance I don't answer my phone.

·
Registered
343 Posts
How big are these tags!!??? You guys seem to have space for an awful lot of info. Just remember the info on the tag is useless if it's printed so small you can't read it.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
There is some really good ideas here. I like the idea of putting indoor and I am already well loved. A friend has on his dogs tags, "if you're reading this I am lost please call...."

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why wouldn't you want to include their name? Just curious.

Thanks for this post! I will getting tags for my new kitty soon.
I believe the premiss was they had the cats name if they didn't want to be honest and call you. I believe I read it many years ago on a forum when I asked a similar question.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to say thanks to those who responded. I ended up ordering a new tag with her name/indoor only (gets the idea across I hope lol) on the front and my home/cell numbers as as well as my dads (he always answers his cell) on the back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My cat is an indoor cat, but we go out for walks with his harness and leash. So he has a breakaway collar he wears along with his harness when we go out. On his normal tag, which stays on his breakaway collar, has our address and phone number. On his harness we will have his rabies tag, his microchip tag and a second tag with our address and phone number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.