Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't paying any attention to the commercial until I heard the word Merrick!! Now they're carring Merrick canned and before grain dry food.

I also heard "Blue Buffalo" as it was ending....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
PetCo is where I've always gone to get my good-quality canned foods. The ones near me carry Blue Buffalo, Wellness, and Merrick (the three that I use). :)

Now if only PetSmart would carry Merrick. They're much closer to me.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
The next food you'll see in the big box stores is Innova. None of the other Natura foods, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time....

·
Registered
328 Posts
I just picked up some BG there today. :) I'm glad they have it because it's only 2 miles away from me, and the pet store where we usually get good food (and where it's cheaper) is further, so we only go over there once in awhile, and stock up.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Now we just need PetCo to start carrying Primal and Nature's Variety, and I won't need to to go to 4 different stores to get all my cat food anymore!

Currently it's PetCo for the canned (Merrick, Wellness, Blue), one local store for the Primal, another local store for the NV, and the grocery store for chicken wings and other tidbits. Thank goodness they're all relatively nearby!

·
Registered
249 Posts
i am sort of disspointed in the brands petco and espically petsmart...they do not carry natural balance, evo..they all seem to be migrating to the cheap junk. petco has bad service, i stood at the check out counter for 3 minutes, and just walked out the store,.....bad service....i am lucky that i have a private store nearby , they carry merrick, evo, by nuture, holistic, wellness, blue.....they get my food business. some of the food is getting really expensive, allmost $2 for a 5oz can....i can just as well be feeding my cat steak

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I go to my local pet store to get stuff now. I just discover the Store Wednesday and they carry Wellness and some other brands.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yeah, sadly my local pet store doesn't carry Merrick BG, only Wellness and the Merrick Gourmet Entrees. Plus their Wellness is more expensive than at PetCo.

I am amazingly lucky to have two local holistic pet stores across the street from me, I'd love it if they carried all the foods I buy for a good price. It's a shame they don't. But at least they each carry various different raw brands.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What flavors of Merrick canned do your cats like? I bought Surf n Turf and Cowboy Cookout and neither of my cats will eat it.

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My twins used to eat every single kind. Hopefully in the near future, I can give this a try once again.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Mine are picky about them. Of the ones I've tried, they don't seem to like the turkey flavors, but love Cowboy Cookout and all the Before Grain flavors I've tried (chicken, turkey, quail).

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My twins' favorite was Grammy's Pot Pie. Then they loved Turducken the best.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My twins' favorite was Grammy's Pot Pie. Then they loved Turducken the best.
Your twins love the ones my kitties hate! Clearly I should have just sent them to you instead of taking them back to the store. :)

I was so excited about those flavors too, I kept trying them, hoping they'd like them, but nope! For some reason they just were not interested.

·
Registered
328 Posts
We JUST bought a few cans of regular Merrick, and Lily likes Turducken, but Spencer doesn't...I'll still have to try the others. I'm sure Spencer won't like any of them....haha.

They like turkey, chicken, and quail and chicken Before Grain the best. They hate tuna, and they like salmon ok.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Bought a couple cans today. Ninja and Minion chowed down. Sully was reluctant, but once he realized he wasn't getting anything else, he ate it. Since the wellness recall, I want to get them used to different brands and rotate rather than always feeding the same brand.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts