Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
we don't have a Petco in my area, but I go to Pet Supplies Plus, they beat Petsmart on everything across the board by 10-20%, better selection too. I'm not too fond of Petsmart at all. :x

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ironically enough, the Petcos around here are kinda yucko, the Petsmarts are much nicer. However, I go to Pet Club (a local Bay Area discount chain) and things are much cheaper than at the Petco & Petsmart (i.e. 1 nutro pouch at Petco/smart = ~50-60 cents. 1 nutro pouch at Pet club = 37 cents, 25 cents when on sale.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've only been to Petco a few times and I was unimpressed. They didn't have the parts I needed for my turtles filter and something else I was looking for (can't remember). I generally shop at petsmart. It seems like they have a larger selection for all my animals. I also go to pet supplies plus. I actually thoguht they seemed to be more expensive. I know when I was buying dry cat food. They were almost $2.00 more on the big bag. They also were $25.00 more on the new filter I got for my tank.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
PetsMart has generally been cheaper and better kept around these parts than Petco. Like Brite, I also do the bulk of my shopping at Pet Club, which is almost unbeatable for prices. They started stocking Wellness, Solid Gold, and Paul Newmans, and I asked them to look into stocking Chicken Soup.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We have Petco and PetSmart here. I also find Petco to be a dirty store and not as much to choose from and quality is poor. Hardly ever go to Petco so don't know how the prices compare. PetSmart is my choice. :D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
As long as the price difference isn't huge, I'll always go to a locally owned small business. They're much friendlier, more knowledgable, and take better care of their fish, gerbils, reptiles, etc.

If the good service and friendly faces mean I have to pay an extra 30 cents for cat litter, or 5 cents more for a pouch of Nutro, then so be it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
The only thing I've purchased at PetSmart (because it's quite a bit out of the way) is Everclean litter which was almost $4 cheaper per box. But now I use PetCo's bulk litter which is what Barnaby likes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You don't know how lucky you are!!! I live in Hawaii and we do not have either. All we have are small privately owned pet shops. There is a chain called Pet Discount but I've found them to be just like the other small pet shops. I'm currently trying to find a whole sale store to buy from. I've been doing some research online but have found that the shipping all the way out her cancels out the savings.
I suppose living in paradise has a downside for my babies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts