Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 160 qoute for a 50 buck deductible and 80% refund. Is this a good deal I see now I need some kind of pet insurance before something major happens. Does anyone have this insurance or know something about it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It also covers boarding up to 500 bucks and also I lost cat or straying refund for 1000 a death one for the same price this is all included in that 160 yearly fee and I do believe it's for vet bills up to 20 grand

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Well, I can't say for certain. I've never had to file a claim so I don't know how easily they pay out...... I just know it's who I chose because it seemed like the best deal.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
Just make sure you understand how they define pre-exisitng condition. Some insurances consider each new year as if you were a new customer and any issues your cat had the previous year would be considered pre-exisiting. For example if your cat has a urinary issue in May and your renewal is in June, they may not cover urinary issues in the new policy term.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't believe Petplan limits in time, but does for annual payout -- the amounts varying from $8,000 to $20,000 annually depending on the plan chosen. But the pet is covered for the condition for life. I have Trupanion. Neither one covers routine medical care. I compared a lot of insurance companies and I happened to like Trupanion the best. I would avoid any insurance that doesn't cover the pet's illness for his/her lifetime. But Petplan does do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts