Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to put this but it's not really about cats, mostly animals in general, if it's not in the right place-sorry!

I think this MAY be only in canada but I'm not sure....

I was looking around on the web and i came across a thing that said "It's against the law for landlords to refuse tenants to have pets"

So i clicked on the link and it was the Tenant Protection Act

I found the part where it said about pets
15. A provision in a tenancy agreement prohibiting the presence of animals in or about the residential complex is void.
I asked my mother to be sure that that's what it meant before making and idiot of myself.

That means that even if the landlord says there's no animals allowed you can have them and if s/he tries to kick you out just for that you could call the cops or something :wink:

I could understand if your pet made damage and you had to pay for it though.

I was shocked because there are so many places here where they say "no pets allowed"

Here's the website if'n anyone is interested:
http://192.75.156.68/DBLaws/Statutes/English/97t24_e.htm#BK17

Crazy, eh?

·
Registered
69 Posts
while cool, its definitely not a law in the US :)

i would check the website though - doubelc heck and call the government, after all, it IS just a website :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I think i will double check, i'll have to go to city hall or something. I lack the ability to know anyhting about the government 8O

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wouldn't that be wonderful if you could have pets in ANY appartment? Well... as long as they were well behaived (can't count puppies and kitties yet!) and didn't destroy stuff... *shivers just thinking about it* What a great idea!

Wish that were an actual law around here... :?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts