Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Creampuff, one of my four characters from a few years ago, the one my son called Psycho-kitty, just loved to be petted, and suddenly would scratch that person, drawing blood. Yet, she had purred and begged to be petted! I got an short explanation from a vet, but if you have this problem I suggest you read this explanation from the ASPCA:

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pa ... hn1.app20b

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really like Pam. I saw her speak last year at the Association of Pet Dog Trainer's (APDT) annual conference. She is really very good and explains things well.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
My brother's cat is like that... except only with me. (anyone else can toss him around like a ragdoll.) I'm assuming it's just because he doesn't like me for some reason. I've got a few scars because of him. :?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Oh yes, I knew I had read this today..in my ASPCA newsletter

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gibson does this but usually it is when you mess with his belly area. I definately see all the common traits, ears back tail fliching and I know to stop. But sometimes he jumps at me and bites. What I really dont understand is sometimes I can walk past him and his will run and bite my legs...and the only way to get him to stop is to pick him up get to the door, put him back on the ground and quickly shut him in the room. I figure I just made him mad for some reason. And the bad thing is that he only does it to me and my bfs grandmother. And when he does it to her it makes her bleed because he skin is like paper. So if anyone has any suggestions to get him to not attack when were walking by that would be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts