Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
That's such a nice picture :)

Can we have more? Boxers are so cute and playful... we have a young one that boards with us frequently and I swear she's got some rabbit mixed in with her... she can jump clear over you if she wanted to!!

Please please please more pics! :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the day we brought him home. He barely weighed 7 pounds and was not much bigger than my Hubby's hand and arm.
He is now 17 months old and weighs 66 pounds. :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
What a sweetie!!!

And he has ears, too :) Good for you!

I love Boxers, they're a breed I wouldn't mind having, but if I do it'll probably be in mix form, since I plan on sticking mainly with mutts. Who knows, though, might find a nice Boxer in a shelter some day!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
*drools* Aaron and I want a Boxer SO BAD!!!!!! We are seriously considering getting one after Howie is gone and we move to a place with a yard......it is our favorite breed. :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ianthe.....Can you believe that I never wanted a Boxer.
We have a mutt dog Jack (he is really cute too :lol: )
I wanted a second dog and the only way my husband would
consider it was if we got a Boxer. He talked me into it.
Boy I am glad he did....Rocky is a really special dog!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Dawn...how is he with cats???? People keep telling us they are not cat-friendly......but I am skeptical. (I think it is probably all in how you raise them) :)

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is very cat friendly....too friendly sometimes....
He is a rather timid dog, very calm submissive.
If he gets in the cats face too much.
All I have to tell him is "No Kitty"
He will turn and walk away.
The 2 cats I have now are still really new,
I work my way very slowly with the dog / cat introductions.
But when Bosco was still alive, they were great friends.

I have also heard some Boxers are not that great with cats.
I suggest get your Boxer as a puppy and dont pick
the pack leader of the litter. Rocky was the runt of his litter
and he is the very best dog in the entire world!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wow, I had never heard of Boxers being bad with cats :(

My theory on getting dog breeds with animal aggression or high prey drives is to get a mature adult (3+ years) that's been proven good with cats and/or other dogs. That's what I'll do when I get my pit bull, and if I get an Akita, I'll do it with her, too. (Don't want puppies anyway :lol: )

*sigh* I do love Boxers so much. I take back what I said previously and am pretty sure I will end up with a pure one eventually.

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
Rocky's lovely - can we see your other dog too?

Boxers are such softies, yet complete nutters! I am very very happy to see a lot more 'whole' (i.e with tails) in the UK these days. A lot of Boxers get attacked by others dogs, simply because it is hard for dogs to read a flat nosed dogs expression, and without a tail to wag, their body language can look hostile to other dogs. Elliot is very wary of docked Boxers, even friendly ones - which most of them are, of course! And even without tails, they tend to just wag their whole butt!

Ems x

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Emma_pen....Here is my dog Jack. He has the prettiest golden eyes!
He also really really irritates me. He is a needy needy dog.
Gotta give it to him though, he is a looker!

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
Jack is SO adorable - is his hair cut to look like that? He's fab, is he a pound dog? He looks very very sweet. Tell you what, since he irritates you....I'll swap you Jack foe Elliot (after reading about him on the puppy chewing thread!)

Only kidding, wouldn't change my babies for the world!....Well, maybe an 'ickle bit.... :D

Ems x

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is the day we brought him home from the shelter, after we stopped at PetCo and got him a bath and haircut. I was looking for a pic of him with his full coat.....but I dont think I have any. We have always had him groomed down about every 2-3 months. He has a scruffy and wavy coat.
The crazy thing is he barely sheds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts