Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you have seen my cats of Rome pictures but here are a few other random piccies of Rome and Pompeii from last week. I am not a fancy professional photographer like many of you - just a snap happy tourist - hope you enjoy them :)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Wonderful pictures! Our good friends just spent 2 weeks in Italy for their honeymoon and enjoyed it so much. I can't wait to see all the pictures they took on their trip.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Oh, how beautiful! Imagine having your picture taken with the Colosseum in the background. 8O You have seen all I have dreamed of..even Mount Vesuvius. I'm glad it behaved itself while you were there, Stephie! Thank you for these amazing pictures. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jeanie said:
Oh, how beautiful! Imagine having your picture taken with the Colosseum in the background. 8O You have seen all I have dreamed of..even Mount Vesuvius. I'm glad it behaved itself while you were there, Stephie! Thank you for these amazing pictures. :)
Our wedding shots were taken in Sorrento with Vesuvius in the background - I was hoping it would erupt during the shoot: what a fabulous backdrop!

Strangely Justine did not share my enthusiasm... :)

I've been up Vesuvius twice - in 1983 which was really good, via cable car (well, seat suspended 100 feet over jagged rocks, with a slim chain holding you in - rather scary) and the crater was really impressive, plus the smell of sulphur and steam spurting every few minutes.

Then about 5 years ago I went back, cable car demolished so a steep walk and no real crater, it must have collapsed. I wouldn't recommend going up any more to be honest.

It will be a disaster if it does erupt as so many live on its slopes owing to the amazingly fertile volcanic soil, and on the plain of Naples. A link to a panorama Justine took showing the area:

http://alexandjustine.smugmug.com/galle ... xacp-X2-LB

Naples itself and the bay are on the far left.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Oh, it brings back memories of our lovely holiday in Rome 2 years ago. I would love to go back. There is just so much to see you can't do it all in a week.

seashell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts