Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an 8.3 cubic foot chest freezer last night for $50! Saturday I am taking a trip to the butcher to pick up a 270 pound order! I'm so excited to get everyone switched! Please wish me an easy transition!

·
Banned
952 Posts
Wow, RachelsaurusRexU, that's one HECK of a first order! You go, girl! :)

Congrats on the freezer bargain, too. I know I couldn't feed raw if I didn't have a spare freezer for bulk purchases. *whew*

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, thank you! I had to buy everything in 30 and 40lb cases so I figured, "Go big or go home!"

And I'm STOKED about the freezer! I almost didn't get it; SO thrilled that it worked out! I was supposed to pick up a 10 cubic footer on Thursday. My boyfriend is out of state until Sunday, so a friend of ours was going to help me transport it and Thursday was the earliest he could do it. Thinking I had a freezer, I placed my meat order. The freezer guy calls me several hours later and says, "made a mistake on the size, it's only 5 cubic feet." ONLY FIVE CUBIC FEET?!? That'll fit HALF of my order!!! I scoured craigslist again and found this one for $50. Called the lady, she said somebody was going to look at it on Wednesday but if I could get to it first she'd give it to me. Oh noes! My friend couldn't help til Thursday! I called other friends, they said they'd help me, set up a time with the woman...awesome. Funny enough, she lived like 5 houses down from the friends that were helping me! I took my boyfriend's minivan, or tried to, anyway. I go to back out of my driveway, which is on a VERY busy road, AND RUN OUT OF GAS! I was blocking an entire lane of traffic and people were ticked! It was horrible, they were honking and screaming at me... I had my hazards on, standing outside of the van, visibly upset...did they think I was doing it for fun??? Nobody even offered to help me! Unbelievable. Luckily my neighbors came over and helped me push it back into the driveway. I ended up taking my own car and my friend put the freezer in his station wagon for me. You can bet I sat back and enjoyed a couple of cold beverages when I returned home. Sighhhh. So relieved that it's here and running, all set for Saturday!

·
Banned
952 Posts
LOL, thank you! I had to buy everything in 30 and 40lb cases so I figured, "Go big or go home!"

And I'm STOKED about the freezer! I almost didn't get it; SO thrilled that it worked out! I was supposed to pick up a 10 cubic footer on Thursday. My boyfriend is out of state until Sunday, so a friend of ours was going to help me transport it and Thursday was the earliest he could do it. Thinking I had a freezer, I placed my meat order. The freezer guy calls me several hours later and says, "made a mistake on the size, it's only 5 cubic feet." ONLY FIVE CUBIC FEET?!? That'll fit HALF of my order!!! I scoured craigslist again and found this one for $50. Called the lady, she said somebody was going to look at it on Wednesday but if I could get to it first she'd give it to me. Oh noes! My friend couldn't help til Thursday! I called other friends, they said they'd help me, set up a time with the woman...awesome. Funny enough, she lived like 5 houses down from the friends that were helping me! I took my boyfriend's minivan, or tried to, anyway. I go to back out of my driveway, which is on a VERY busy road, AND RUN OUT OF GAS! I was blocking an entire lane of traffic and people were ticked! It was horrible, they were honking and screaming at me... I had my hazards on, standing outside of the van, visibly upset...did they think I was doing it for fun??? Nobody even offered to help me! Unbelievable. Luckily my neighbors came over and helped me push it back into the driveway. I ended up taking my own car and my friend put the freezer in his station wagon for me. You can bet I sat back and enjoyed a couple of cold beverages when I returned home. Sighhhh. So relieved that it's here and running, all set for Saturday!
Good heavens, RachelsaurusRexU! I think I might just have given up after all that. LOL!

The things we do for our kitties. *shakes head*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts