Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We s are so excited to be adding another furbaby to our family...she is 10 weeks and her name is Grace..Will try and post pictures later. I have a question. I have usually always adopted older cats and this is my first kittern. The women from the rescue told me you can use clumping litter. I use uncented Tidy cat for my other cat which is clumping and I know she said I think the foster mom was using yesterday news. But I got the regular scoopable unscented Fresh Step..Would this be ok to use with the kitten and can they eat wet food or should they just be on kitten dry any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa
:kittyball

·
Registered
176 Posts
Our shelter uses clumping litter for all ages. When I got my two they were using clumping litter at 10 weeks. Clumping litter is not recommended for young kittens because it can cause a life threatening obstruction if the eat it. I'm not sure at what age they develop the sense to to eat it.

As far as food, I would transition her to wet food and ditch the dry food all together. If you're going to feed both wet and dry then look for a high quality grain free dry food to supplement the wet food.

Here's a link that has a lot of information about feeding your cat:

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on your newest addition. Hope to see pics soon. I use Fresh Step non clumping litter because it does not stick to the surface of the litter box which makes it easy to clean. If you keep scooping out the waste when its there you will have no odor problem. Lots of luck with your baby.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts