Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The regular customers who comes to eat some stay over and sleep in the house we built. You can see one all relaxed and having a nap. The last two pics shows how i insulated the totes and i added a door to keep the cold and rain out.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
WOW Deanna, that is such a gorgeous group of ferals!! They all look so healthy. I absolutely adore the house you've built for them, that is incredible work! The picture of the kitty sleeping is too precious for words... so sweet that he feels so safe in there! :D The things you do for these kitties is amazing... you are their angel!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Deanna,
What a Great Idea! Any cats look like they'd be cozy comfy there!
Well Done!!:thumbup::thumbup:
Sharon

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I also insulated the entire house too. At night i put the solar lights at the bottom floor so they can see. My dad joked and said its like a luxury hotel! I was worried they didnt know to use the doors but they are very smart. I will take pic of the other ferals very pretty also. I have #14 to be TNR friday. I wanted to paint some designs outside the house once my flu is gone.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! They eat grain free taste of the wild mix with blue wilderness grain free that i soaked and I add a spoon of fancy feast medley(they love this). They eat twice a day and they are litter box trained too. Except for the two adults the rest were kittens about 3 months when i TNR them.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Wow deanna, I would never guess that those kitties are feral - they look great! So healthy, with really well-groomed and shiny coats, and so content. :)

Then again, if I was getting good food and had that spectacular house to live in, why wouldn't I be completely happy and look great?!

LOVE the house. Did you add those little touches like the little "brick" awning? Soooo cute. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used a brick stencil so it looks like a roof. I wipe their furs with baby wipes and brush them. There are 2 with really short legs never seen in a cat before but I've never own any cats just dogs all my life.
Here is a pic i took at night, you can see one looking out.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Oh Deanna,you are amazing! The house is just so awesome and the diet and treatment is just superb. They have aa wonderful cat guardian

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do what i can. I feel so sorry for them since they were once a pet and abandoned. It's not their fault but they have to live out in the cold and going hungry. I have tried calling the no kill shelters and the humane society to give them a chance to be adopted but the kittens were not under 2 lbs the humane society wont take them and the shelters were all full. I told them to come back once i released them. Only 5 which consist of 4 adults and one kitten that never came back but the rest came back.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
WOW... Milo is absolutely GORGEOUS! Are they friendly? Could you try writing up adoption stories for them and try to find them homes on something like Craigslist with a small rehoming fee (to ensure a good home!). It breaks my heart that they used to have a home but got abandoned... people are so cruel. :(

Seriously Deanna... I wish I could give you a huge hug! The high-quality diet you feed them, the amazing home you built them... you are a feral cat's dream! Such incredible treatment you give these babies, and it shows! They all look so gorgeous and healthy!

Seriously though... so many gorgeous cats! You attract the beauties! haha

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aww, thank you for the hug. I can pet a few when they are eating. I can only pick up one (Tux). One (Pumpkin) would purr and wrap around my legs but doesn't like to be picked up. I can sit near them when they eat but pretty much skittish. Only when they eat i can brush or wipe their furs and apply flea treatment. The males are easier to tame then the females. I meant the adults were probably abandoned and they have kittens. These batch are kittens from the 4 adults. I managed to tnr 2 adult males that were responsible for impregnating the females so the last 2 females were in heat and not pregnant. I started the TNR around mid July this year so i dont have a long bond with them yet. Three knows their name but they all have names.

This is Tux.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think about 7-8 months. I saw them the size of a coke can around end of march trapped them towards mid july.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is an adult male i trapped the night before tnr in August. You can see him on the 1st page how a little TIC can make a difference. He comes to eat only, i named him Tom boy.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Oh my goodness!!! I seriously cannot believe that is the same cat! He looks so rough in that trap, poor boy... then in the picture of him eating he looks gorgeous, bright eyed and super healthy! You are incredible!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.