Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see pictures of your beautiful cats by your replies. I am only basically computer literate and would like to add our Simba's picture to my profile but don't know how.

I have a picture of him in jpg format in our files. Can I use that? If so, how?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
First your picture needs to be somewhere on the web. You cannot link files that are on your computer. If you don't have anywhere to put them on the web, you can put them in the Cat Photos section of this site.

Then all you do is enter
and the picture will show up.

g'luck :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture

OK, I uploaded it to the member's gallery but now am not sure how to get it on my profile still.

[/img]

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Right click the picture, and click properties. When you see the address, highlight and copy it.

Then paste the address like this [img*]http://www.catforum.com/photos/data/500/1164Blue_Eyes-med.jpg[*/img]

When you take out the asteriks that I put in, here is the result:

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

P.S. He's a beautiful kitty.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Do you mean the small picture just under our names? That's called an "avatar." If you would like one, you will need a picture that is no larger than 120 x 120 pixels and no more than 6 KB.

When you have that on your computer, click on the profile link at the top of this page. In your profile, scroll way down to the bottom until you get to the "Avatar Control Panel." You can upload the picture straight from your computer. That's how I got my avatar.

I took the liberty to optimize the picture for you. You can save it to your machine and upload as your avatar. Let me know when you've done that and I'll delete it from my gallery.

Your cat is simply stunning. Beautiful!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
oh the avatar, I thought you wanted to know how to post pictures.

Thanks Annissa 8) Now you can do both, Yosemite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I did it!

Actually I tried in that area before - obviously the picture was too large.

Thank you for the compliments - he is a handsome fellow. So affectionate too.

We are really praying he will recover from this liver failure. He is eating on his own again, but very small amounts.

If we lose him our hearts will be broken.

Linda, Simba's mom

1 - 10 of 10 Posts