Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to post an awesome photo, but do not have a url address, just a pic in my documents. help? thx. Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,855 Posts
It's a bit of an involved process from the computer and will only work with the "Post Reply" link or when starting a new thread. It cannot be done from Post Quick Reply" link to my knowledge unless you have a URL.

Click on the little paper click icon then select your pic from your computer drive. Click upload, then clost that screen once upload is complete (takes a few seconds). Click the paper clip AGAIN and you will see the file name. Click on that. It will not show up as an actual pic until you actually post it. It will show something like:
attach1031attach

Just ignore it and post. If it doesn't work you must have skipped a step so retry. You can always edit or delete your post within the 5 minute grace period.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didnt work, no way to do anything, just asks for url address of pic. i tried photobucket but have some pics of girls, so the site erased it... (here)

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
There are a couple ways (at least). I use tinypic for the external photo hosting site. I upload the photo to the site, then I copy the URL it gives me and come to this site and use the 'insert image' icon where I paste it.

Or the method Marcia described, I believe, is more commonly used.

Here are links to the threads about each of these methods from the tech support forum. Hope you can get it to work.

http://www.catforum.com/forum/66-tech-support-area/167882-posting-photo.html

http://www.catforum.com/forum/66-tech-support-area/163274-posting-picture.html

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, now I've gone and done it! I was trying to post my "family" photos under my signature. I got the pic from photobucket but it ended up HUGE. I don't know how to delete it and make the pics small. Help please! I've spent the whole blessed day on this! I am not tech savvy.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
LOL yeah, the mods won't let that sig stay that size, even though it's super adorable.

You can either use a photo editing software or even just a document editing software on your computer to resize it. I think for signatures, it has to be 150x500 or smaller. Or if you used photobucket or tinypic to create it, on the page where you uploaded it, it should give you sizes to choose from for the download. Pick a smaller one, like 'avatar' and see how it looks, you can always keep resizing until you get it where you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts