Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I have a sewing business where I make outdoor coats for alpacas and llamas to wear when they have a hard time staying warm in cold weather. Babies, or older females/males, that don't produce as much fleece as they used to.

I've had requests from time to time, where people order them for animals other than alpacas and llamas, and since my patterns are really sized for alpacas, it's just really unique for me to get an order for coats for an animal........other than alpacas. Last year I shared a picture of a coat I did for a reindeer calf named Rudolph, and a couple weeks ago I got an order for coats for two very spoiled golden labs!

I often get pics and stories back from customers of mine, when they receive their order, and today I got pictures e-mailed to me from the owner of the two golden labs. (Pictures shared with permission from the owner.) Aren't they cute! :D

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
cute!

Geri, are those coats waterproof? And is is possible to scale down the pattern to kitty size?

As bizarre as it may sound, I'm looking for winter travel jackets for Toby. He gets cold in his carrier this time of year but they need to be waterproof as well in case of 'accidents'.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
The labs look great in their jackets. If you could scale those down a little I bet I could post them on my cocker spaniel forum and you would sell a ton of them.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Beautiful, Geri! :D

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huge said:
Do you do them for humans? I need a new coat.
LOL! :lol: Scroll down to about center!

http://www.soggybottomranchalpacas.com/customer_coats.html

A customer sent that pic to me, and I nearly fell on the floor laughing! :lol:

The labs look great in their jackets. If you could scale those down a little I bet I could post them on my cocker spaniel forum and you would sell a ton of them.
I've got 10 different sizes, all the way from preemie, to adult (alpaca adult) XL. The thing is, my patterns are made for alpacas, and they'd have to measure accurately, to make sure they'd fit, especially in the girth, and in the placement of the belly band, compared to the front leg.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Great coats! They look really comfortable for them, and the bright colors would keep them visible. I'm getting a chuckle out of a coat being "alpaca sized."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts