Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting with the Petco pine litter. I haven't used this type before. I'm wondering if it will stick to the poop or if I'd be able to scoop it up and flush it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would warn you NOT to flush any litter, even if it's touted as flushable. I clogged my pipes with Feline Pine.

Your best bet is to pick up the poop with a baggie and trash it. Yes, the pellets stick to the poop, but don't completely cover it like clay litter does.

Is pine litter what your breeder has been using? My ragdoll kit was using Feline Pine at the breeders, and as soon as he had a choice to use that or my other cat's scoopable clay, he stopped using the pine. That was fine by me, I didn't like that stuff.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes, that's what the breeder uses. After she's out of the bathroom, I'll probably give a choice between that and the scoopable clay. There's no room in there for 2 litter boxes.

Speaking of such things, I wonder, do I just keep her in the carrier the whole 2.5 hour drive or stop for a little box trip? Any ideas on that?

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Cats are good about holding their bladders for long trip like this. Put a towel in there and have one as a spare but I don't think you will need it.
I bought Dr. Elsey's pine litter for the foster kittens and I absolutely HATE it! It gets the bits of pine stuff all over the floor, much worse than regular litter. Thankfully they are using regular scoopable litter now and not eating it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts